A4HU strives to achieve maximum impact by
- Empowering young people to become active agents of change
- Engaging with governmental and non-governmental organizations, communities, and individuals in a diversity-sensitive manner,
- Working with partners on multi-sectoral projects to build synergies and to jointly achieve stronger outcomes,
- Working to develop independent and professional community based organisations (CBO’s)
- Expand our impact by replicating, upscaling, and ensuring our approaches and ideas are accessible – especially to vulnerable populations.
- Using holistic approaches by integrating population, health and environment aspects
- Mainstreaming gender into all our policies and programming
We advocate for the prioritization and provision of health services for young people at national and sub national level to enable the establishment of a supportive socio-cultural, political and legal environment, which protects young people’s rights, and enables them to access health information, education and services that are gender sensitive and youth friendly.
We promote young people’s access to Sexual Reproductive Health information, services and supplies through capacity building of peer educators and health workers to be able to establish mechanisms to strengthen the availability and provision of youth friendly services.
We also promote socio-economic opportunities for young people by coaching, mentoring and developing their life skills and livelihood skills in order to increase their capacity to meet their needs.
We further build the organizational capacity of our partner organizations using our state of the art training center in Lubowa and through mobile outreach services. Our training methodologies are needs based, experiential and focused on results and processes.
The five (5) member Board of Directors plays an oversight role and provides strategic direction to A4HU. The current board was elected in January 2017 and consists of charismatic men and women with a wide range of skill set.
Below are the members of A4HU’s current Board.
Chairperson: Dr. Jotham Musinguzi
Secretary: Dr. Bernard Tusiime
Members: Hon. Sylvia Namabidde Sinabulya, Hon. Ruth Nvumeta Kavuma, Justice Patrick Tabaro, Dr. Robert Rutaagi, Ms. Sikhoya Naume