Securing Health through Advocacy and People’s Empowerment (SHAPE) is a three-year project aimed at mobilizing more and better funds from key European donors (Germany and The European Union) as well as from East African governments (Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda) to support family planning. In Uganda, A4HU is implementing the project in 5 districts.
The overall objective of the SHAPE Project is to ensure increased domestic funding and improved national and subnational government Sexual Reproductive Health/Family Planning policies in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda to address the unmet need for family planning.
Specifically, the project aims to:
- Increased implementation of policies on SRH/FP through budget advocacy in Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania
- Strengthened coalitions at national and subnational levels on Family Planning budget advocacy in Uganda Kenya and Tanzania
- Increased youth participation in national and subnational government plans and budgets in Uganda. Kenya, and Tanzania
- Increased saliency of SRH/FP in Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda.
Seven interrelated outputs have been conceived to achieve this outcome:
- Increased funding from national and sub-national governments in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda to address the unmet need for Family Planning
- Increased CSO collaboration at national and sub-national levels on FP budget advocacy in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda.
- Improved visibility of FP investments and citizen’s actions in advocacy for implementation of FP investments
- Improved national and sub-national FP Programmes and activities responding to youth needs
- Increased youth participation in national and sub-national government plans and budgets in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda
- Improved availability of commodities that address and meet needs on FP
- FP and FP related issues included by EU Delegations in their bilateral cooperation with partner country in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda.