WHAT IS IT?
The Youth Truck is a mobile outreach tool, fully equipped with an advanced public address system and equipment, used by young people to pass on Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) information and messages to their peers and communities living in hard to reach areas. It is used to mobilise youths especially in rural and hard to reach areas to access quality SRH information and services.
Powered by a solar system, the Youth Truck is equipped with a public address system which enables it amplify its messages to a radius of 150 meters coverage, it enables A4HU to take its services according to needs and demand directly to target groups and to adapt them to the local services and needs, with a trained youthful team on board.
The Youth Truck aims at instilling positive behaviours among the young people through a variety of activities such as establishing and strengthening Youth Empowerment Centre, Youth clubs, and peer groups by providing SRH information, education and services.
WHAT DOES IT DO?
- The Youth Truck supports the national and district, CSOs, youth clubs to mobilize young people around international and national health days.
- Mobilises young people to access quality SRH services
- The Youth Truck will support youths from hard to reach areas to access SRHR information through edutainment, verbal announcements and distribution of IEC materials during mobilization for events coordinated by either the District Local Government or Youth Clubs, thus ensuring a high number of participants at events.
- The Youth Truck gives access to information and non–formal education.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- It combines a mobile approach with highly participatory and youth friendly methods including; film shows, edutainment, games and sports activities, health outreach set, IEC materials, group work, role plays and discussions.
- Through edutainment, games and sports, the Youth Truck team engages the young people in discussions on SRHR, counselling and guidance, entrepreneurial skills, income generation, gender based violence, non-violent conflict resolution/peace education and life skills education.
WHAT DOES IT OFFER?
- Information on Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights
- Free demonstrations of Reproductive Health commodities
- Sexual Reproductive Health community medical outreach
- Screening of community videos on Sexual Reproductive Health
For More Information:
Action 4 Health Uganda
Plot 17, Nazziba Rise, Lubowa Hill
P.O. Box 33900, Kampala, Uganda.
T: +256 414 200 801 / +256 392 002 471
Fax: +256 414 200 815